Sunday, January 6, 2013

A little sight seeing

Since the first few days were fairly chill due to the New Year's holidays, I got to go on a boat ride to the islands across the way - maybe a 45 minute ride on a wooden boat with 20 some other Mercy Shippers.  I made such a graceful disembarkment as well once we got there by jumping off the end of the boat into shallow water, losing my footing and landing on my butt.  So much for staying dry!!

It was quite lovely though - beautiful sand, black rocks, greenery...  Steven and I managed to hike up onto a hill on the other side of the island and see all around.  And get sunburned...my nose is still recovering...






It cost 50,000 guinea francs (~$7) to go spend the day over there, though they like you to buy a drink or something to "use" the beach for about $1.40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment