Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thank you from your Sponsored Child!

I am so amazed, humbled, and blessed by the support of my time with Mercy Ships - the things people say to encourage me have been VERY encouraging, the financial gifts have been so generous, and the excitement seems like an overflow of my own.

Because of you, 60% of my $4000 goal is raised, and those of you that have given financial gifts just amaze me - I know so many of you have gone through big transitions recently - babies, moving, marriage, new jobs - and so many of you are either on fixed income or have student loan payments you're working on.  It really just humbles me so much to know how much you want to give to support what I get to be a part of, of God's ongoing work through Mercy Ships and in west Africa.  I feel like it also makes me want to be the best PT I can, the best Courtney I can, because you've put your trust in me in a very tangible way.  So THANK YOU!  I will do my best!!!  I know I'll mess up sometimes, but I'll trust that God is able to work though my mistakes for His glory.

I tend to have a very independent, I can "take care of it myself" mentality, and I know that this can sometimes be detrimental in community - after all, God said it 'wasn't good for man to be alone'.  I think that is one reason it is so humbling for me to be able to see all of your support, both verbal/written and financial, I have asked for your help and you have been SO generous that it's somewhat overwhelming to receive all this goodness at once!!  :)  So again, thank you!!

And a funny story - one of my friends received my prayer letter, and as I had mentioned in the letter, put it in a place (on the fridge) where she would see it often to remember to pray for me.  Her husband came home and glanced at it, then asked her - 'Did you sponsor a kid in Africa?' (or something like that).  She was in a different room and didn't know what he was talking about until she realized he was referring to my letter.  Hehehe.

So in one way ya'll are actually sponsoring lots and lots of children and adults in Africa, just a very specific physical therapy sponsorship!!  :)  To see of bit of the Guinea Screening Day and therefore some of the people I will actually be seeing, here's a video!  Thank you so much from your sponsored children (me and more!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment