Monday, November 19, 2012

Where I've been working...

Falling Springs waterfall on the side of the road on 220N
So this is my first taste of home health, and I'm out in the beauty that western VA provides, driving around through farms, next to waterfalls, turkeys, deer, horses :), and lakes.  Pretty awesome scenery if you ask me!  Plus, it's been fall, so I've gotten to enjoy all the lovely leaves that I missed last year out west!  So here's just a sampling of my scenery, and a story...
Lake Moomaw where I saw a pt in a campground



My trusty steed admiring the view



Charles Ingalls overlook for my "shortcut" from Monterey to Lexington

Heading thru Goshen Pass


Sunrise on my way to see a Lexington pt
I was visiting a patient for the last time, sitting talking with her and her husband, when something catches my eye behind her husband.  A mouse jumps down from the wood pile onto a shelf.  I say, "there's a mouse!" (no, I did not scream, just was really confused as to why this mouse was so slow moving), and the hubby puts on his leather work glove that just happened to be next to his chair, reaches out and picks up the mouse (again, why didn't the mouse run away?!)  He stands up and talks with us a little more, lets me look to see the mouse's tail is atleast moving, and then takes it outside.  This is the same family who the week before had been awakened by a noise, turned on the light, didn't see anything, then went back to bed.  Upon hearing something near the window, hubby shines his flashlight right out the window near his face and a bear snout is looking in at him.  He pounded the window sill and the bear ran away.  They showed me the window, and it's about 5-6 feet off the ground.

Driving down a pt's driveway...the sheep paid me no mind



Humpback Bridge is just off the road where some of my eastern pts are!


No comments:

Post a Comment