Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't Run with Pencils

Ok, so in the past week I have been to 3, count'em 3, Mary Kay things.  Checked out the women's small group at church, where they were doing "facials" as an end of semester thing, which turned out to be the Mary Kay makeovers.  So at the end, they ask you if you'll be willing to help - host a small party, host a big party, listen to the marketing spiel, become a consultant, etc.  Or you can say, NO!  I never want to help you or have anything to do with Mary Kay which just makes you feel like a bad person.  So interesting option, you can be a "face" model at their consultant meeting sessions they hold weekly.  So myself and another girl signed up for that option.  It was kind of the same thing as we did in the mini makeover, and at the end we went in and told the consultants what we liked the most, etc.  Then Thursday went to listen to the marketing for becoming a consultant - was really doing in support of my new church friend (the girl I went with on Tuesday) as she was intrigued by what she heard Tuesday night, plus it helps our lady from church to get to do 2 instead of just 1.  However she had to stay home, so I got to go learn about being a MK consultant all by myself.  It wasn't as scary as I thought.

However, if you know me, you know I'm not really a make up person.

That being said, eyeliner scares me.  Seriously, who decided it was a good idea to put a sharp pencil up next to your eye?!  Didn't your mother teach you not to walk/run/skip with pencils pointing up because you might trip and stab your your eye out?!  So wouldn't that translate into don't put pencils near your eye to begin with?!
So Saturday I had my first encounter of me trying to put eyeliner on myself.  It looked like this...

with the squiggly lines being eyeliner, not my eyelashes
However thankfully on the 2nd time around on Tuesday night, I looked a little better, and managed to not poke out my eye.

So all that to say, I'm glad to be improving, but some how doubt I'll make the jump into eyeliner any time soon.  And as you can see my skills at Paintbrush improved with 2nd time around, too!  (although they really need a smudging tool!)

Mary Kay is definitely a pretty cool company for women, with good values and a great set up for rewarding hard work.  Don't tell my boyfriend, but there's a woman near Daytona who's earned $4 million through it and bought her husband his 2nd airplane. 

I think I'll stick to being a PT for now though...otherwise I'd have to get good with other devices like eyelash curlers.  Those also freak me out - what if you accidently curl your eyelid instead of your eyelashes?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment